Wednesday, July 24, 2013

#26 - People Always Leave...

"I've heard it said,
That people come into our lives
For a reason
Bringing something we must learn.
And we are lead to those
Who help us most to grow if we let them.
And we help them in return.
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you." - WICKED

Today, I felt compelled to write a certain song. A song about people leaving. Friends come and go, they say. But, what they don't say is how much it hurts when they do. And what really breaks my heart, is remembering all the memories and all the laughter you've shared, and knowing that you can't get it back. It really does hurt. So, I wrote a new song based on that. "People always leave"....this was what Peyton Sawyer (from ONE TREE HILL) always lived by. Do you think it's best to close yourself from the world and other people just so that you won't feel the pain of the aftermath? Sometimes, I feel that way.

And during these late hours, my mind tends to wander off into the past. I'm not happy about it, but sometimes...it's nice to look back into the good memories. However, along with the good, comes the bad. I miss certain people in my life. I miss certain memories. I just wish I can have it all back. But, people always come and go. I must get used to that by now. Through all the stressful moments in my life, I've lost a handful of friends. It hurts to know that once the going gets difficult, people just leave. What ever happened to being there no matter what? What ever happened to true friends who will catch you when you fall and to encourage you? What happened to those endless conversations and staying up all night, laughing at all the stupid things you've done? What ever happened to them? What happened to you? Ugh. Just thinking of this upsets me. What I can't stand, as well, is the fact that some people PRETEND to be friends with you and not really give a crap about your being. Another thing, is when you try to reach out to someone, and unless you're in a situation where you can't be avoided...that's the only moment they will say "hi". Please, save your time. I just wish people were just more honest with each other, rather than saying things like, "The past is in the past. Move on, because I have," or "I really care about you..." - when in reality, they're lying. Well, enough of whatever it is I'm rambling on about.

The new song I wrote is entitled, "JUST LEAVE". This song is dedicated to about 3 people in my life, that I wish were still a huge part of it. Sad to say, I can't turn back time. And so can't they. I just wish they can see that they can't erase all the good feelings that came along with the person. I just wish they can hear me out. Oh well...I've recorded the piano track, along with the bass track to "Just Leave" and will be recording the vocals later on in the day. I'll make sure to post it when it's done. And for now, I will be listening to the WICKED soundtrack. Goodnight/good morning, everyone.

Much love,

MD

No comments:

Post a Comment